I have a few quick minutes while I’m waiting to get the final food set up for my Favorite Things Party, so I wanted to get my list out for the week!
- If you’re looking for some great Spotify playlists this holiday season, check out Kendra Adachi’s (The Lazy Genius) curated Christmas lists! I haven’t had a chance to listen to all of them yet, but I really love the Happy Christmas list. It feels festive and fun, yet really fresh and different. A perfect playlist to have on in the background during a party. Kendra is always making new playlists – something I really enjoy!
- You know how I said the other day that I’m still consuming a little bit of chocolate every day? One of the things I’ve been eating are Skinny Dipped Almonds. I’ve seen them at Target for months, but never bought any because if I’m going to eat a chocolate covered almond, I want it to be a good thick chocolate. But, that’s not really allowed anymore, so I gave these a shot with all their whole and limited ingredients. And they’re really good! My favorite is the peanut butter flavor. It seems really weird to coat an almond in peanut butter powder, but I love it. I also really like the raspberry and peppermint. I haven’t tried the rest.
- So this is hardly an original idea, but I thought maybe I should throw it out there if you’re looking for a fun lunch or dinner idea with your kids. I do it almost every single weekend. I grab every kind of cheese, fruit, vegetable, meat, cracker, etc. that I can find and put it together on a single tray. Then everyone gathers around the tray and digs in. The boys think it’s so much fun to pick and choose what they’re going to eat. And it’s SO EASY.
- I wear pajamas A LOT in winter. There’s a lot less chance of someone showing up at my house unannounced when it’s cold outside, so I tend to wear at least pajama pants basically any time I’m going to be home for more than a few hours at a time. So every year I’m also looking for new pairs because I get sick of wearing the same ones again and again. This year I tried these Lauren Conrad pajamas from Kohls and I LOVE THEM. They are so incredibly soft and warm, with the cinched fabric at the ankle so I’m not always tripping on them the way I do with regular pajama pants. They also have them in plus and petite sizes.
ORGANIZE and TRACK
- I’m obsessed with tracking my reading. I’ve kept a regular spreadsheet with the book name, author, and my rating for about the last ten years. It’s such a valuable resource when I want to look back and remember which books were awesome and I could recommend or purchase for someone as a gift. Plus it’s nice to know if I’ve actually read something or not and can’t remember! I’ve been tracking on Goodreads religiously for the last couple of years as well. But last year I found out about an AWESOME tool – Book Riot’s reading log. If you’re curious about your reading statistics, this is such a cool way to keep track of everything. Plus it gathers all the data on the second page and you can see your results. I’ll be sharing all my stats with you for the year in a few weeks. I’m really excited the 2020 log has been released!
- We went to see Knives Out the other night and really liked it! I hadn’t heard anything about it, but Greg kept saying he wanted to see it, so we made it happen. It wasn’t exactly what I was expecting, but I liked it even more.
- I caught up on all my regular tv shows, so I started watching some Netflix movies this week. I really enjoyed Let it Snow and haven’t heard anyone else talking about it. It was sweet and festive without being overly cheesy.
And that’s it for today! Time to set up my giant cheese plate and make sure everything is ready for my party!